I'm on a BOAT!


I finally finagled my way onto a boat this past weekend. Though, to be honest, it wasn’t hard. Between all the sailboat owners and the six or so B-boats to rent, I’m quickly discovering that boating is very popular here. We took a very nice sailboat (30-footer, maybe?) to the nearby island of Bigej (pronounced BEE-gee). However, the wind was uncooperative, so we had to motor the entire way there and back (no wind is referred to as “the doldrums” in sailboat-speak). We met up with another sailboat of people, and spent the majority of the day floating, swimming, snorkeling, shell-hunting, and sunburning – or maybe it was just me. If I had this day to do over again, I’d only ask for more wind and more sunscreen, but besides that, it was perfect!
2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    The water looks gorgeous! Like it's fake. I was so excited to see a new post. I check all the time, so your efforts to update are definitely appreciated.


  2. Yes! Thanks for commenting! I love seeing comments. I'm such a a narcissist, I check my OWN blog every day to see who's commenting! Also: You should check out the water color behind polarized lenses; it's like Avatar world. (I found out my sunglasses are NOT polarized, unfortunately, but I did try on a friend's pair.)


Post a Comment